My photo
I have a love of life. Some may call me a cynic but I'm truly an optimistic realist. I work on the philosophy “If you expect the worst but aim for the best, you'll land somewhere that's comfortable.”

Total Blog Views

9 June 2011

Audio Description

Audio Description, isn't just for blind and VI people. My other half loves AD and so does my dad neither of which are Blind or VI.

AD is good for sighted people for understanding the facial expressions of the actors also for keeping a full grasp on what's going on. Even sighted people miss visual things. In a most movies AD can also give another great diemention to a movie.

The sad thing is, AD isn't available on every movie that has been or is being made. Most movies being made today are subtitled for deaf people though. Surely if the movie studios are going to the effort of employing a subtitler the same individual could also do the AD?


Is the lack of AD when subtitles are available a breach of disability equality laws, I bet it is. If AD was more widely used it would become less expensive to roll-out on movies and TV shows.

It would also make it a option for everyone for every occasion so why not make it illegal for a new big movie DVD to be sold without AD when it has subtitles and multi languages.

I personally believe if companies are able to make the effort for one minority why not make that little extra effort and include sight impaired persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.

Please comment and share.

Let me know what you think.